If you are unhappy about the prospect of turbines in Affetside it is important to turn up. If you wish to speak at the hearing, you may do so, but by simply being there, it will indicate to the Planning Inspector that you are not happy with the increasing number of applications in this area.
Our first event of the year will be the annual wildflower seed sowing day on Sunday 14th April at 1.30 p.m. on the Village green. Each summer we get a splendid display of flowers, so please join us in sowing the seeds.
All are welcome to help and it would be great to get the support of local children and grandchildren again this year. Free refreshments will be available.
Yes, you read that correctly!
If you use the footpaths behind the Green, you will have noticed the bags that are supplied for dog walkers. These were installed as the mess left behind was becoming a health hazard, particularly for those wishing to use the paths with young children. However, these bags are expensive to replace, so if any dog walkers would like help to contribute to the cost, please do not hesitate to contact Joanne or Roseanne. Details can be found here
Make a note of these dates and details will follow nearer the time.
- Tuesday 26th March – Inquiry into the 220 ft turbine at Birches Farm at 10am in Bolton Town Hall. Everyone welcome.
- Saturday 13th April - Spring Fair at Affetside church from 10am to 2pm. All welcome.
- Sunday 14th April - Wildflower seed sowing at 1.30pm on the Village Green
- Monday 13th May - Clothes collection from 68 Watling Street (Opposite the Millennium Green), please leave bags by the garage before 10a.m.
- Sunday 9th June – Annual French Boules Tournament at 1.30pm on the Village Green.
- Saturday 13th July - Summer BBQ at 6pm on the Village Green.
- Saturday 9th November – Annual lighting of the Bonfire on the land behind the Village Green at 6pm
- Monday 25th November - Clothes collection* from 68 Watling Street (Opposite the Millennium Green)
- Sunday 1st December – Santa will switch on the Christmas tree lights at 6pm prompt.
- Sunday 22nd December - Christmas Carol Concert at 3.30pm with Tottington Brass Band.